Hey, remember GameCola.net? The website I’m supposedly Editor-in-Chief of? I’ve done a few things for them lately! Check it out:
- A sort of re-do of my original Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney review from 2005, in which I inserted snarky comments ala Scott Keith’s latest pro-wrestling rants.
- A new “Minus the Pudding” column about things that mostly just made me sad.
- A talkthrough (along with Nikola Suprak and Michael Gray) of Back to the Future: Episode 2.
- The GameCola year-end awards! I didn’t write the whole thing myself (because that’s lead to disastrous results in the past, with me trying desperately to describe why some game I’ve never heard of was “Most Innovative”), but I’m pretty sure I put more thought into coordinating this article over the course of a month than I’ve ever put into, for example, math.
- “Top of the Heap” and “Q&AmeCola“—again, I didn’t write these by myself, but I did play a small part in them. For the former, I got to write about how Kinect Disneyland Adventures is ruining America, and for the latter, I talked a little bit about the one videogame I have to hide when company comes over.
Me, having a romping good time in “Disneyland.”
Jeez, that’s not much for two months, is it? It’s only going down from here, too, because I’m suspending my “Minus the Pudding” column for the time being, while I try to work up the motivation to ever spend that much time in the Xbox Live Indie Games channel again. A man can only take so much poop. …Well, it’s a combination of that, anyway, and of wanting to spend more of my free time writing games, rather than writing ABOUT games. I just picked up a great opportunity to protoype an adventure game based on a–I should stop there. Don’t want to get anyone too excited.
The weird thing about suspending “Minus the Pudding” now is that, for the first time since I started GameCola back in 2002, I won’t have any written features I’m actively working on for my own site, aside from infrequent news posts about Things I Find Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that.